sábado, 10 de agosto de 2013

Connecting flights

Arriving time: 18:00
Connection flight boarding time: 18:45 (actual departure time: 19:20)
Next connection: Tomorrow

In the last part of the plane, as usual, waiting for everybody to get out. Come on... get out.
- I'm missing a connection, could you please...?
- Me too.
 Crap! Come on, people, get out!!

18:15
Finally out, I run to the passport control. More people. Come on! Move!!
- I'm missing a connection, can I skip it or get my luggage rechecked faster or something like that?
- Take that lane, but you have to take your luggage.
Yes!! Let's run.

18:20
The baggage claim area is packed. The luggage gets out from a different place. Great! Another piece, another one... come on!! Where the heck is mine?!

18:25
There it is. Now run!! Queue to get out from the baggage claim (of course). Come on!! Now, where is the re-check.... there! Run!!
- Hi, my flight is leaving soon and I need to recheck this.
- Yes ma'am. When is your flight leaving? Your boarding card, please. Wait here.
Come on!! Come on!!!
- Ma'am, there's no way you can make it. Sorry. Go to the re-scheduling, please. Next!
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

18:30
What am I doing in the re-scheduling while my flight is still here? I have to try something, anything! Run with the luggage... not feasible. Should I try again? Why not? That woman seems to be more comprehensive...
- Excuse me, ma'am. My connection is leaving soon. Do I drop my luggage here?
- Your boarding card, please. I'll check if your flight is delayed.
No, again no, please please take the stupid luggage and let me go!
- Ma'am, you need to run, really really run. Take the first left, then up to the shuttle. Change to terminal 2. Gate C67.
- Thank you SO much!!
Run!! Come on!! The inhalator is in the bag, you can use it later.

18:40
Waiting for the shuttle to Terminal 2. I can make it, just let me run.
- ¿Esperando al shuttle?
- Sí, tengo una conexión super ajustada... de hecho tendría que estar embarcando ya.
- Ahí está el shuttle, seguro que llegas.
Come on! Driver, ruuuun!!

18:50
- Terminal 2. Gates C60 to...
I jump out of the shuttle. Run, silly!! Run!!

18:55
C66.... Almost there.
- Please passengers going to San Antonio, please proceed to gate C67. We are going to start the boarding process.
YES!! I made it.

2 comentarios:

alayma dijo...

If you arrived in the first call...you still had plenty of time :P. Btw, the gym works ;)

Elizabeth dijo...

Evenly matched bode, a construction gathering turned up to start erection a building on the inconsiderable lot.